Schneider & McWilliams, P.C.
Schneider & McWilliams, P.C.'s first office opened in about 1938 in George West, Texas, as the office of sole practitioner, Robert Edward Schneider, Jr., who had moved his family here from Houston, Texas. When joined in the practice by his son, J.R. "Bob" Schneider, graduate of the University of Texas School of Law, in about 1958, the firm name became Schneider & Schneider. The firm operated with the Schneiders for about 20 years, except for a brief period during which John Reagan of Beeville was an associate. Early in 1976, the Schneiders were joined by Dwayne McWilliams, and following the unexpected death of Mr. R.E. Schneider in September of that year, McWilliams joined Bob Schneider as a partner, and the firm name changed to Schneider & McWilliams, P.C. During the next several years, associates were Michael Sartori, Douglas Fraser, Gene Chapline, Deb Bauer, and J.R. "Rob" Schneider, Jr., grandson of Mr. R.E. Schneider. At present, the firm, which has been in operation for 68 years in Live Oak County, is home to four lawyers: Dwayne McWilliams, Tom Forehand, Melaine Martin, and Robert McWilliams.
Since its inception, the firm has achieved and maintained the highest ratings awarded by Martindale-Hubble for legal ability and ethical conduct, and it is included in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
The firm represents First National Bank in George West and the City of George West.